Coloring Contest: Chinese New Year
Welcome to my first coloring contest
The theme for this contest is to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
The coloring page is from my first coloring book, Total Babesville: New York Edition Coloring Book. The illustration is one of my favorites in the book and I hope you enjoy.
The contest in three simple steps:
- Download my coloring page. (There is a download hyperlink and this big button to take you to the PDF. You can also click on the image above.)
- Get creative and color that page!
- Email me your entry. Please include your full name and mailing address with your entry. (The email address is the hyperlink in the previous sentence. You can also click on the email button below. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter as many times as you want for your chance to win.
- The contest is for adults only and you need to be 18 years or older to enter. My book doesn’t have adult content in it, but I would like to error on the side of caution by avoiding poentially offending anyone with content or imagery that they may feel isn’t intended for their child.
- You can use any media at your disposal. Digital art is also acceptable.
- DEADLINE for all entries must be emailed to the address link above by March 13, 2018, 10:00 PM EST
- This contest is for anyone. International entries will be accepted. Please void where prohibited.
- Winner will be announced by March 31, 2018.
Prizes for ONE lucky winner
There will only be one winner for this contest. The winning colorist will receive a signed copy of my Total Babesville coloring book and a shiny enamel pin! The book has 42 illustrations that are just begging to be colored. You’ll also be able to pick out your favorite color combo of my Giant Ape Meets Starlet enamel pin.
Judges will be announced in the next week. I will oversee the judging and manage the process, but I will not be judging entries. Rest assured, artist
Tips and tricks
The PDF attachment is made of vector art. If you want, you can print the page on a larger sheet of paper while maintaining the crispness of the line.
For people that would like to convert the PDF to an image file (JPG) but aren’t super computer savvy, there is an easy way to convert the file. Go to www.smallpdf.com and select “PDF to JPG” button and follow the instructions for uploading, converting and saving the image file.
If you need to print the image at your local copy store, don’t worry about transferring rights. The art is Public Domain and the public domain seal is at the bottom of the file. Feel free to distribute the art to your coloring groups and share the page as much as you want!
Please let me know if you have any questions. you can either email me or comment on this blog post.
Thanks so much and happy coloring!
When will the winners be announced?
#6 of the rules above: Winner will be announced by March 31, 2018. 🙂